Heritage Brass (Bandmaster Bob Gray) held their annual end of season dinner and program at the Jackson’s Point/Georgina complex. The dinner was held at the Conference Centre.
Major Greg Simmonds was recognized for his service as the band’s Executive Officer. Lt.-Col. Alf Richardson has resumed that position.
Jack Cockhead passed away in the fall of 2015. His children were invited to receive recognition of their father’s service to the band.
Three new members were recognized: Paulette Miller, Keith Bond, and Ken Ritson.
The evening concert was held at the Georgina Corps. The program included the divisional farewell to the candidates for Salvation Army officership. The Divisional Commander, Lt.-Col. Sandra Rice, led this part of the proceedings, presenting each of the three candidates who were present.
The main part of the evening was Heritage Brass. The program was varied and well-received. Items included:
- OCRB (K. Ketteringham)
- Southdown (Ray Steadman-Allen)
- Virtuosity (K. Baker), Deryck Diffey, cornet
- Lover of the Lord (arr. F. Watkin), band vocal
- This Is My Father's World (William Himes)
- Summertime, Alan Price, soprano cornet
- Exultation (Ray Steadman-Allen)
- Travelling Along (Chris Mallett), Gary Dean, euphonium
- Coming to the Cross (Kenneth Rawlins)
- Be Still, for the Presence of the Lord (Robert Redhead), band vocal
- Things Are Different Now (Douglas Court)
- Heaven Bound (Douglas Court)
- Peace, Perfect Peace (Erik Leidzén)
Heritage Brass web site