This page contains the webmaster’s personal statement of faith. As a faithful Salvationist soldier and local officer, the webmaster of The Brass Crest adheres to the eleven Doctrines of The Salvation Army, which are the movement’s basic statements of faith. The full text of the Doctrines can be found on The Salvation Army‘s official web site at www.salvationarmy.org. The following personal statements of faith are, in part, paraphrased from the Doctrines.
The most important decision anyone can make is to accept the teachings of Christ. If you have not yet experienced the joy of becoming a member of the family of God, click here!
- The Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is the Word of God as recorded by divinely inspired authors. It is the only authoritative guide to Christian faith and practice.
- God is unique. The universe and everything within it is His creation, and He stands as the only sustainer and ruler of that creation. No other person, place, or thing is worthy of worship.
- There is only one God, manifested in three Persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- In his Incarnation, Jesus Christ united divinity and humanity, and is in truth both God and Man.
- Man, as the Creation of a perfect Creator, was created in perfection. The disobedient sin of Adam and Eve resulted in the corruption of the human race, so that “all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
- The consequence of sin is separation from God, who is perfectly just. The suffering and death of Jesus Christ was the atonement for all sin. This atonement is universal in nature, so that “whoever believes in Him shall not perish.” (John 3:16)
- The necessary portions of salvation are personal repentance of sin to the Father, faith in the Son, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Salvation is accomplished by the grace of God through faith in Christ, and is not attainable by works or deeds. In order to be saved, one must personally believe – intermediaries are not effective nor necessary.
- The resurrected and ascended Christ will return to this world in order to judge all persons and claim His rightful place of authority over all things.