On 24 September 2005, the [bclink id=”1873″ target=”_blank”] and the [bclink id=”953″ target=”_blank”] joined for a concert in support of [bclink id=”1576″ target=”_blank”]. The concert was held at [bclink id=”1874″ target=”_blank”].
Fifty members strong, the Canoldir Male Choir was founded in 1966 and has been consistently recognized as one of the finest male voice choirs in Great Britain. In a sense, they are musical “neighbors” to the Birmingham Citadel Band, as the choir rehearses at the Welsh Chapel in Loveday Street, near the Citadel. For many years, the combination of male voice and brass band has been known to make a special sound, and this concert was no exception.
Canoldir Music Director Clive Griffiths MBE, LTCL chose a varied group of items, including classical selections by Bizet and Wagner along with contemporary popular songs. The group’s Welsh heritage was evidenced with the inclusion of “Gwahoddiad” and “Cwm Rhonnda” (with congregation and organ).
The Citadel Band, under the direction of Bandmaster David Nicholson, chaired the Band’s portion of the concert, skillfully presenting the Gospel message as the band played classical selections, featured soloists, performed “show” tunes, and used simple contemplative selections.
[bclink id=”953″ target=”_blank”] web site
[bclink id=”1873″ target=”_blank”] web site