On the last Saturday of June 2016, the [bclink id=”931″ target=”_blank”] (Bandmaster Olaf Ritman) were guests at the Zutphen Corps, to offer a music festival in celebration of the corps’ 125th anniversary.
The Staff Band began with a march through the city center. Halfway through, they stopped at an old outdoor location, where many people stopped to listen to the sounds. After this short break the march continued to the Vegetable Market, where the band played an outdoor concert. Many people were listening as several items were performed. Solo cornet Johan Hoque played In the Love of Jesus. This was the last engagement with the Staff Band for Hoque and his wife, Samantha. Following the outdoor concert, the band began marching again, in the direction of the Zutphen Corps.
The group then moved to the Reformed Church “Het Licvhtpunt”, the venue for the evening concert. They did a short sound check with their partners for the concert, the youth choir “Vox”. Following a hot meal, the concert commenced, with about 250 persons in the audience.
Items during the first half of the concert included:
- Let There Be Light (Steven Ponsford)
- May It Be (Enya), with Vox
- Call of the Seasons (Philip B. Catelinet), Michel Rosenquist, euphonium soloist
- … Bought with Your Blood (Olaf Ritman)
- Jeremiah 29 (Jörgen IJsendorn)
The last item in the first half was written especially the the jubilee concert at Zutphen and was very well-received, with the composer receiving a long standing ovation.
After the break, the concert continued with the following selections:
- Hold That Fort! (Sam Creamer)
- Let the Beauty of Jesus (Bruce Broughton), Menno van der Woude, flügelhorn soloist
- Eye of the Tiger (Survivor), with Vox
- Shine as the Light (Peter Graham)
- Temple 125 (Kevin Larsson)
[bclink id=”931″ target=”_blank”] web site