The [bclink id=”943″ target=”_blank”] (Bandmaster Derek Lance) commenced its 131st season of music ministry by participating in the welcome of the cadets at the Centennial Memorial Temple in New York City. Led by Bandmaster Lance, in his second season as Bandmaster, the band’s goal is to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ through musical excellence and the speaking of God’s word.
Featured musical selections during the welcome were:
- Living Power (Tom Davoren)
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus (Jonathan Rowsell)
- In Christ Alone (Martin Cordner)
- Semper Fidelis (Martin Cordner)
- Life of Worship (Andrew Wainwright)
At the end of last season, the Staff Band had to say farewell to two members: Major Tom Dressler (second cornet) and Emmanuel Zabala (second horn).
Three new members are welcomed to the band this season. Major Stewart Dalrymple (solo cornet) recently moved to New Jersey Divisional Headquarters where he serves as Divisional Finance Secretary. Major Dalrymple was a member of the Staff Band eighteen years ago and the band welcomes him back. His son, Mackenzie Dalrymple, entering his first year of college, also joins the band on first horn. The Dalrymples soldier at the Montclair Citadel Corps.
Joining the Staff Band on percussion is Bob Myers. Myers is from the Pendel Division, where he works in the Emergency Disaster Services department.
Upcoming engagements and trips for the Staff Band include:
- October 2017: Southern New England
- November 2017: Fall Festival with the Canadian Staff Band (Toronto, Ontario)
- December 2017: Christmas Concert at Westside Presbyterian Church
- January 2018: Recording
- February 2018: Future All-Stars; concert with Mnozil Brass
- March 2018: Tour of Japan
- April 2018: 131st Annual Festival with the Amsterdam Staff Band
- May 2018: Nassau County Concert
- June 2018: Commissioning Events
[bclink id=”943″ target=”_blank”] web site