On the evening of 2 September 2018, a quintet from the Coventry City Band visited the Earlsdon Park Retirement Village to lead a worship service. Two members of the Coventry City Corps are residents of the retirement village.
Forty-eight people joined the quintet for a “Songs of Praise” style service. Those present had pre-requested hymns, which included:
- Stand up, stand up for Jesus
- Be still for the presence of the Lord
- God is our strength and refuge
- Great is Thy Faithfulness
- Dear Lord and Father of mankind
- When the roll is called up yonder
- Here is love, vast as the ocean
- In Christ Alone
A video clip showing the Salvation Army’s emergency response work was shown, demonstrating that the famous “Army cup of tea” is still being served today were most needed.
Those present kindly made donations to the Salvation Army’s Big Collection in response to the video.
Coventry City Band Facebook page