On Saturday, 15 October 2011, the Chicago Staff Band (Bandmaster William Himes) embarked on their first weekend out of the season. About noon the band boarded the bus for the short two and a half hour ride to Fond du Lac, WI, where Envoys Beverly and Doug Peterson are the corps administrators.
The concert was shared with the South Shore Chorale, led by Cory Schneider. This fine vocal ensemble added a nice change of pace to the concert. The concert was compèred by local radio hosts Heather and Nick.
The concert was held in Goodrich Little Theater, which was almost full. During the concert, the local Christmas campaign goal of $150,000 was announced.
Several former members of the Staff Band were in attendance, including Major Robert Thomson, Stan Kelley and Bill Luhn.
The program for the evening included:
- Psalm of Thanks (Paul Sharman)
- My Unchanging Friend (Ivor Bosanko) – Shaun Thomas, soloist
- Ballad (William Himes) – Tim Meyer, soloist
- Harlequin (Bruce Broughton)
- The Bartered Bride (Smetana) – South Shore Chorale
- In Remembrance (Daley) – South Shore Chorale
- The Road Home (Paulus) – South Shore Chorale
- Animal Crackers, Set 1 (Whitacre) – South Shore Chorale
- Make Me a Blessing (Peter Graham)
- Paean (Dudley Bright)
- Vienna Philharmonic Fanfare (Strauss, arr. William Himes)
- Wade in the Water (Leonard Ballantine)
- Soli Deo Gloria (William Himes)
- Masquerade (Webber) – South Shore Chorale
- Ave Verum (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart) – Chorale and Band
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic (arr. Wilhousky) – Chorale and Band
- Sirocco (Peter Graham)
- Choral Benediction (William Himes)