The [bclink id=”931″ target=”_blank”] (Bandmaster Olaf Ritman) had a special and very successful weekend, 25 – 26 February 2012.
On Saturday, the band was part of the Nationale Bezinningsdag in Lunteren, where they accompanied the singing and gave a mini-concert in the afternoon. This mini-concert was the highlight of the weekend. The repertoire was adapted to the atmosphere of the day. Through the excellent choices made by Bandmaster Ritman, the band had good interaction with the large audience.
On Sunday, the band was welcomed to the beautiful new building of Korps Valleistreek (Valley Region Corps) in Ede. As usual in Staff Band weekends, the band ministered through music, testimonies and Scripture readings. Following the morning service, the band shared a meal with the congregation and then gave an afternoon concert to a well-filled hall. Staff Bandmaster Ritman also serves as the Valleistreek corps bandmaster, and it was evident that he felt at home. The band offered a “something for everyone” concert.
Because of influenza affecting several musicians, the band was not complete for the weekend. Former band members Bert Sprokkereef (Almere) and Rob Stastra (Haaglanden) were prepared and eager to assist. Both have long records of Staff Band service.
Repertoire for the weekend included, in no particular order:
- The Sunshine Way (Ian Clarke)
- This I Know (Howard Davies)
- Take Time to Be Holy (Paul Sharman)
- Faith Is the Victory (Sam Creamer)
- Now Is the Hour (Ray Steadman-Allen), Steef Klepke, cornet soloist
- Just As Thou Art (Ian Clarke)
- Soldiers of the Cross (Ian Clarke)
- Jesus Came! (Howard Davies)
- Denn er hat seinen Engeln befohlen (arr. Olaf Ritman)
- The Cantonian (Ian Clarke)
- The Power of the Cross (Paul Sharman)
- The Great Rescue (Martin Cordner)
- This Is My Father’s World (Ruben Schmidt)
- Fusion (Martin Cordner)
- Knowing My Failings (Andrew Mackereth), Mark Ontswedder, trombone soloist
- Hallelujah (arr. Olaf Ritman), Menno van der Woude, flügelhorn soloist
- Turris Fortissima (Steven Ponsford)
- God Be with You (William Gordon)
[bclink id=”931″ target=”_blank”] web site