The Boscombe Band (Bandmaster Dr. Howard J. Evans) held its annual open rehearsal and reservist’s night on Thursday, 7 March 2013. As always, this event was well-attended and gave the members of the Band Reserve and other friends of the band an opportunity to hear music old and new.
Included in the program this year was an “auction” for an opportunity to take the Bandmaster’s place and conduct a march. This proved to be so popular that there were three winners – and, therefore, three marches ” with Bernard Snell, Ramsey Caffull and Andrew Main all winning the chance to experience just what it is like to stand in front of the Boscombe Band.
The program for the evening included:
- Exultate Deo (Paul Sharman)
- Begin the Day with God from “Songs of the Morning” (Eric Ball)
- Meeting of the Waters (arr. Richard Rock), Craig Snell, cornet
- Minneapolis IV (Emil Söderstrom)
- Victors Acclaimed (Bramwell Coles)
- Rosehill (Albert Jakeway)
- It Is Well (Philip Paul Bliss, arr. John Meredith), John Starkes, euphonium
- Three Movements from “Stabat Mater” (Karl Jenkins, arr. Andrew Wainwright and Robert Childs)
- I. Sancta Mater
- II. Cantus Lacrimosus
- III. Paradisi Gloria
Boscombe Band web site