The Amsterdam Staff Band, under the direction of Bandmaster Howard Evans, has released Exultation! The disc features four cornet solos performed by virtuoso Roger Webster of the world-renowned Black Dyke Band.
Roger Webster has been hailed as one of the best cornetists of all time. He has served as principal cornet of several bands, joining Black Dyke in 1988. He left the band in 1993, after five years of service, and became a solo artist, with regular performances in Australia, Asia, Europe and the United States. Roger has also developed a reputation as a fine clinician, specializing in the mechanics and psychology of performance. In 2000, he returned to Black Dyke as principal cornet.
(Items in bold feature Roger Webster)
- Heralds of the Dawn (Dean Goffin)
- Redeeming Love (Thomas Rive)
- Song of Exultation (Norman Bearcroft)
- St. Magnus (Ray Steadman-Allen)
- Christ Is Alive (Kenneth Downie)
- The Road to Emmaus (Dean Goffin)
- When I Remember (David Catherwood)
- Precious Jesus (arr. Robert Redhead)
- Elegiac Variations (Howard Evans)
- They Could Not (arr. Brian Bowen)
- Celebration of Contemporary Gospel Song (William Himes)